Explore the culinary history of Mobile going back over 1,000 years at five restaurant and eatery stops that range from a speakeasy to Gulf Coast favorites to finger-lickin’ pub food.
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 12 and under
- Adult W/ Cocktail Ages 21+ • Must bring ID
Mobile’s Favorite Food Tour
The signature food tour in Mobile! Get your tastebuds ready for an afternoon full of iconic Gulf Coast dishes!
- Taste Gulf Coast staples like a true Mobilian!
- Hear stories from over 300 years of history and learn about the city of six flags. Walk away knowing the birthplace of Mardi Gras!
- Our LoDa Stroll will include tastings from 7 of downtown Mobile’s favorite restaurants and shops.
- Experience the history and culture and hear the stories of downtown Mobile’s Lower Dauphin Street Historic District (LoDa).
- Learn the stories behind the food and the restaurants.
- Have fun getting to know other locals and guests to our city.
- Add on the cocktail package and take your drinks with you in our entertainment district.
- Tours will take place rain or shine. Ponchos will be provided in case of rain.
- The tour is wheelchair/stroller accessible throughout.
- Savory tastings, enough for lunch, are provided on this tour.
- Ticket price includes all food, tax, and gratuities.
- The exact meeting point will be provided with ticket purchase.
- Restrooms available throughout the experience.
- Ticket must be purchased 2 hours prior to the start of the tour.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Ruby Slipper Cafe
A brunch favorite in Mobile! Begin the tour with a fried green tomato topped with remoulade sauce and a delicious biscuit.
Squid Ink Eats and Drinks
Owned and operated by our celebrity chef, Panini Pete. Squid Ink puts real food in their food along with history of Mobile in their eclectic menu.
A&M Peanut Shop
A downtown landmark since 1947. Generations have enjoyed the fresh roasted peanuts from the A&M Peanut Shop.
Three Georges Candy Shop
The iconic candy and chocolate store of Mobile since 1917. Enjoy fresh, handmade pralines from their century old recipe!
Wintzell’s Oyster House
The landmark restaurant in downtown Mobile. Served fried, stewed, and nude since 1937 at the original location. Our guests are delighted to an oyster sampler plus fried pickles.
Moe’s Original Bar B Que
Enjoy fall off the bone ribs and chicken wings along with can’t miss – white Alabama BBQ sauce!
Mo’Bay Beignet Co.
The best beignets on the Gulf Coast. Yes, we said it! Try along with one of their famous made in house syrups.
*restaurants are subject to change based on availability*
Where To Meet
Have questions? Here are the most frequently asked.
Yes. There are several free parking lots nearby along with free curbside parking in downtown Mobile on Saturdays.
Absolutely! We love for children to experience the food and history of Mobile. Parents, who know their children best, should decide if this tour is appropriate for the ages of children you have.
Absolutely not! Our tours combine architectural commentary, historical facts, local culture, and culinary insight into a unique 3-hour experience. Imagine walking through the city eating our local artisans’ most delicious foods while learning about the neighborhoods from real locals.
When you purchase your tickets, you will be given the option to let us know of any dietary or allergy restrictions you may have. Please let us know in advance so that we can better serve you.
Yes, advance ticket purchase is required. Events typically sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the date, time, and number of tickets you prefer, please book well in advance.