Explore the culinary history of Mobile going back over 1,000 years at five restaurant and eatery stops that range from a speakeasy to Gulf Coast favorites to finger-lickin’ pub food.
- Adult w/Cocktail Ages 21+ • Must bring ID
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 6-12 * Kids not eating are free!*
Experience the #1 Ranked Food Experience in Alabama on our signature tour of Mobile!
- From Fried Green Tomatoes to Beignets, you’ll visit seven stops, so come hungry!
- Visit landmark and iconic restaurants! The restaurants on this tour have been open for a combined 285 years in Downtown Mobile, you’ll eat where the locals eat!
- Enjoy a variety of dishes – Gulf seafood, BBQ, Paella Fritters, Southern favorites, and yummy sweets!
- Learn unique fun facts, stories, and the history of Mobile from one of our knowledgeable, Mobile-loving guides.
- This three-hour tour is moderately paced, and covers a little over a mile of walking distance. Suitable for most fitness levels. This tour is wheelchair and stroller accessible throughout.
- Accommodates food allergies. Notify us at checkout!
- Bring your appetites! (We’re not kidding, it’s a lot of food!)
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking.
- Our walking food tours take place rain or shine. Ponchos are provided if necessary.
- Tour guide gratuity is not included in your ticket. If you had a great time, please tip your guide! It is standard in the tour industry to tip 10-20 percent of the ticket price.
- Also, bring your phone, camera, and lots of smiles to make some memories!
The Ruby Slipper Cafe
A brunch favorite in Mobile! Begin the tour with a fried green tomato topped with remoulade sauce and a delicious biscuit.
Squid Ink Eats and Drinks
Owned and operated by our local celebrity chef, Panini Pete. Squid Ink puts real food in their food along with history of Mobile in their eclectic menu.
A&M Peanut Shop
A downtown landmark since 1947. Generations have enjoyed the fresh roasted peanuts from the A&M Peanut Shop.
Three Georges Candy Shop
The iconic candy and chocolate store of Mobile since 1917. Enjoy fresh, handmade pralines from their century old recipe!
Wintzell’s Oyster House
The landmark restaurant in downtown Mobile. Served fried, stewed, and nude since 1937 at the original location. Our guests are delighted to an oyster sampler plus fried pickles.
Moe’s Original Bar B Que
Enjoy fall off the bone ribs and chicken wings along with can’t miss – Alabama white BBQ sauce!
Mo’Bay Beignet Co.
The best beignets on the Gulf Coast.(Yes, we said it!) Try along with one of their famous made in house syrups.
*restaurants are subject to change based on availability*
Where To Meet
Have questions? Here are the most frequently asked.
Yes. There are several free parking lots nearby along with free curbside parking in downtown Mobile on Saturdays.
Absolutely! We love for children to experience the food and history of Mobile. Parents, who know their children best, should decide if this tour is appropriate for the ages of children you have.
Absolutely not! Our tours combine architectural commentary, historical facts, local culture, and culinary insight into a unique 3-hour experience. Imagine walking through the city eating our local artisans’ most delicious foods while learning about the neighborhoods from real locals.
When you purchase your tickets, you will be given the option to let us know of any dietary or allergy restrictions you may have. Please let us know in advance so that we can better serve you.
Yes, advance ticket purchase is required. Events typically sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the date, time, and number of tickets you prefer, please book well in advance.