Get your tastebuds ready for Mobile’s signature food tour! Taste iconic Gulf Coast dishes at 7 different eateries while learning about the fascinating history of the area.
OLD MOBILE EVENING
- Adult w/Cocktail Ages 21+ • Must bring ID
- Adult Ages 21+
Enjoy an Evening in Mobile!
Explore the food history of Mobile going back over 1,000 years! Each of our five stops is a different, unique dining experience.
- Begin the evening at Dauphin’s on the 34th floor overlooking beautiful Mobile Bay. The views are almost as great as the food!
- Hear how food has shaped our culture and way of life on the Gulf Coast as we travel the Lower Dauphin Street Historic District.
- Enjoy a variety of excellent dishes with each stop as a unique dining experience from fine dining to pub food.
- Hear Mobile’s long history with Cuba at Las Floriditas, a Cuban themed speakeasy located in the basement of a former bank vault.
- Join us as we walk through the centuries of food history in Mobile and highlight four dishes contributed to our palates by Mobilians.
- Tours will take place rain or shine.
- The tour is wheelchair accessible throughout.
- Savory dishes, enough for dinner, are provided on this tour.
- The exact meeting point will be provided with ticket purchase.
- Restrooms are available throughout the experience.
- Tickets must be purchased 4 hours prior to the start of the tour.
What To Expect
For thousands of years, people have enjoyed the cuisine from our local waters — the Mobile River, Mobile Bay, and the Gulf of Mexico.
On our Old Mobile Evening Tour, we will highlight these four dishes contributed to our palates by Mobilians as we walk through the centuries of cuisine on our way to five of Mobile’s best restaurants and eateries.
A Cuban themed speakeasy, Las Floriditas serves authentic Cuban dishes and cocktails located in a former bank vault. Don’t worry, we know the password to let you in.
Located on the 34th floor overlooking the Mobile River and Mobile Bay, Dauphin’s is fine dining with the best views in Mobile!
THE CHEESE COTTAGE
The Cheese Cottage is located in a former Pure Oil filling station from the 1930’s built along the former “Automotive Alley”. Now, they serve over 30 different types of cheese from all around the world. Try a few on one of their cheese and charcuterie boards.
Mobile’s upscale wine bar is a great place to relax with one of their signature cocktails and delicious food items like the 504 POST Toast.
Five’s unique menu of five appetizers and five entrees has made it a favorite among Mobilians along with their fresh, Gulf seafood. For this tour, you’ll taste one of the best desserts in Downtown Mobile.
Alcohol Drink Package
Alcohol drink tastings will be included for an extra $20 for you to enjoy. Those tasting include the Cuba Libre from Las Floriditas, wine from The Cheese Cottage, and Strawberry Lemonade at Five.
*Restaurant locations are subject to change due to availability.*
Where to Meet
Our meeting location is the bottom floor of the RSA Trustmark Bank Building. We will meet in the 1st-floor lobby. Free parking is available for our guests in the garage attached to the RSA Trustmark Bank Building on the St. Joseph Street side of the building.