Get your tastebuds ready for Mobile’s signature food tour! Sample iconic Gulf Coast dishes at 7 different eateries while learning about the fascinating history of the area.
- Adult Ages 21+
- Adult W/ Cocktail Ages 21+ • Must bring ID
Enjoy an Evening in Mobile!
Explore the food history of Mobile going back over 1,000 years! Each of our five stops is a different, unique dining experience.
- Begin the evening at Las Floriditas, a Cuban themed speakeasy located in the basement of a former bank vault.
- Hear how food has shaped our culture and way of life on the Gulf Coast as we travel the Lower Dauphin Street Historic District.
- Enjoy a variety of excellent dishes with each stop as a unique dining experience from fine dining to pub food.
- Join us as we walk through the centuries of food history in Mobile and highlight four dishes contributed to our palates by Mobilians.
- Tours will take place rain or shine. Ponchos will be provided in case of rain.
- The tour is wheelchair/stroller accessible throughout.
- Savory tastings, enough for dinner, are provided on this tour.
- The exact meeting point will be provided with ticket purchase.
- Restrooms are available throughout the experience.
- Tickets must be purchased 4 hours prior to the start of the tour.
What To Expect
For thousands of years, people have enjoyed the cuisine from our local waters — the Mobile River, Mobile Bay, and the Gulf of Mexico.
On our Old Mobile Evening Tour, we will highlight these four dishes contributed to our palates by Mobilians as we walk through the centuries of cuisine on our way to five of Mobile’s best restaurants and eateries.
A Cuban themed speakeasy, Las Floriditas serves authentic Cuban dishes and cocktails located in a former bank vault. Don’t worry, we know the password to let you in.
Before opening Southern Culture Kitchen and Oyster Bar (SOCU), Erica Barrett was featured on Shark Tank, Good Morning America and Oprah for her line of breakfast products. Enjoy her signature deviled eggs with candied bacon and lobster.
Authentic Mexican cuisine made from scratch using traditional Mexican ingredients makes El Papi a favorite. Our tasting includes chicken tacos.
O DALY’S HOLE IN THE WALL
Located beside their sister restaurant O Daly’s Irish Pub, O Daly’s Hole in the Wall features a menu with items you can not find anywhere else in Mobile.
Five’s unique menu of five appetizers and five entrees has made it a favorite among Mobilians along with their fresh, Gulf seafood.
Alcohol Drink Package
Alcohol drink tastings will be included for an extra $15 for you to enjoy. Those tasting include Frose from O Daly’s, Cuba Libre from Las Floriditas, and Strawberry Lemonade at Five.
*Restaurant locations are subject to change due to availability.*
Where to Meet
Our meeting location is the bottom floor of the RSA Trustmark Bank Building. We will meet in the 1st-floor lobby. Free parking is available for our guests in the garage attached to the RSA Trustmark Bank Building on the St. Joseph Street side of the building.