Get your tastebuds ready for Mobile’s signature food tour! Sample iconic Gulf Coast dishes at 7 different eateries while learning about the fascinating history of the area.
- Adult Ages 13+
- Adult W/ Cocktail Ages 21+ • Must bring ID
Spend an Evening in Mobile
Explore the food history of Mobile going back over 1,000 years! Each of our five stops is a different, unique dining experience.
- Begin the evening with a breathtaking view of the city at Dauphin’s. The 75-nautical-mile view is almost as phenomenal as the food.
- Hear how food has shaped our culture and way of life on the Gulf Coast as we travel the Downtown Mobile Oyster Trail.
- Enjoy a variety of excellent dishes with each stop as a unique dining experience from fine dining to pub food.
- Join us as we walk through the centuries of food history in Mobile and highlight four dishes contributed to our palates by Mobilians.
- Tours will take place rain or shine. Ponchos will be provided in case of rain.
- The tour is wheelchair/stroller accessible throughout.
- Savory tastings, enough for dinner, are provided on this tour.
- The exact meeting point will be provided with ticket purchase.
- Restrooms are available throughout the experience.
- Tickets must be purchased 2 hours prior to the start of the tour.
What To Expect
For thousands of years, people have enjoyed the cuisine from our local waters — the Mobile River, Mobile Bay, and the Gulf of Mexico.
On our Old Mobile Evening Tour, we will highlight these four dishes contributed to our palates by Mobilians as we walk through the centuries of cuisine on our way to five of Mobile’s best restaurants and eateries.
Tasting locations. *Restaurant locations are subject to change due to availability.
Located on the 34th floor of the RSA Trustmark Bank Building, its breathtaking views of the 75 surrounding nautical miles are almost as phenomenal as the food.
THE CHEESE COTTAGE
Located on historic “Automotive Alley,” The Cheese Cottage features locally grown cheese and charcuterie not found anywhere else in Mobile.
Authentic Mexican cuisine made from scratch using traditional Mexican ingredients makes El Papi a favorite. Our tasting includes chicken tacos.
O DALY’S HOLE IN THE WALL
Located beside their sister restaurant O Daly’s Irish Pub, O Daly’s Hole in the Wall features a menu with items you can not find anywhere else in Mobile.
Five’s unique menu of five appetizers and five entrees has made it a favorite among Mobilians along with their fresh, Gulf seafood.
Alcohol Drink Package
Alcohol drink tastings will be included for an extra $10 for you to enjoy. Those tasting include Frose from O Daly’s, wine from The Cheese Cottage, along with Strawberry Lemonade.
Where to Meet
Our meeting location is the bottom floor of the RSA Trustmark Bank Building. We will meet in the 1st-floor lobby. Free parking is available for our guests in the garage attached to the RSA Trustmark Bank Building on the St. Joseph Street side of the building.