Our next guest on Servin’ It Up is the Big Fish at Blue Fish, a marketing and advertisting agency here in Mobile. Marcus is not shy about his love for food and the local food scene in our area so I was really excited to ask him a few questions and you won’t believe one of his answers!
1. What was your favorite thing to eat growing up?
My absolutely favorite meal when I was growing up was Kraft Macaroni and Cheese with a hot dog. Sometimes I would substitute apple sauce for the hot dog. But Mac and Cheese was a staple.
2. Its your last meal in Mobile and you have to pick one restaurant, where are you going?
I’m not about to alienate all of my restauranteur friends ;)
3. I know you’ve lived in a few other places before making this area your home, what’s your favorite food town that you’ve been to?
We recently went to Charleston. The food there was amazing. Sean Brock has a couple of restaurants there. Their attention to detail is amazing.
4. What’s your favorite dessert in Mobile?
It would have to be a toss up between Von’s Bread pudding and Cotton State’s Banana Pudding. Both are equally delicious.
5. If you could share a meal with anyone, who would it be?
I think either Joe Rogan or Anthony Bourdain. It would be fascinating to talk to either one of them. They have interviewed so many people. I would pick their brains for good information. In the case of Anthony, he has also traveled and eaten in so many places.
*This question was asked just days before the unexpected passing of Anthony Bourdain on June 8.